The Outsourcing Practice Group at Culhane Meadows focuses on solving the legal challenges that accompany complex outsourcing transactions, aligning the legal/risk issues with business objectives and creating value for our clients in these business-critical projects.
Culhane Meadows outsourcing attorneys have decades of experience handling outsourcing transactions. Our team members have worked side-by-side with clients in the full range of their outsourcing initiatives, including Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Human Resources Outsourcing (HRO). We complement our overall deal experience with industry-specific know-how from engagements across a range of sectors, including financial services, travel and transportation, healthcare, food and beverage, retail and media.
As the outsourcing industry has evolved and new service delivery models have been adopted (including cloud and “as-a-service”), our team has kept pace to assist our clients in mitigating additional risks while leveraging new commercial opportunities. The Outsourcing Group has been selected by LexisNexis to author its Lexis Practice Advisor® module on Outsourcing based upon the group’s depth and breadth of experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating outsourcing transactions. These materials are designed to provide a powerful, comprehensive resource for practitioners to attain a better understanding of navigating outsourcing transactions.
Our staffing philosophy is to offer value to our clients by fielding small teams comprised of partners with experience directly relevant to the engagement. The firm’s strength in related practice areas such as data privacy [link to group], financial services [link to group], labor and employment [link to group] and tax [link to group] allows us to seamlessly draw on key subject matter experience as needed. All of our attorneys are experienced working with senior management and in-house counsel, building trusted relationships along the way, with a commitment to results.
We approach outsourcing with a focus on creating viable long term relationships that are flexible enough to accommodate change and reflect values held commonly by both the customer and the service provider. We aim to structure successful relationships by encouraging mutual understanding of each party’s legal concerns and risk tolerance and enabling convergent behaviors that drive collaboration. From the outset, we encourage the adoption of fast, flexible and non-adversarial processes that emphasize the primary importance of solution, value and cultural fit ahead of competition and leverage.
- Counsel to leading travel-related services company in the negotiation of its principal travel reservations outsourcing relationships, and in outsourcing of the development and operation of its consumer facing online travel business.
- Counsel to Wall Street investment banking firm in highly-regulated business process outsourcing transactions supporting various aspects of its global trading operations, both inter-affiliate and split among two offshore vendors.
- Represented leading provider of mattresses, pillows and accessories in outsourcing of IT infrastructure hosting services to AT&T.
- Represented Wall Street investment banking firm in the termination of certain portions of its outsourcing arrangement with Unisys, and extension of other portions.
- Represented leading global provider of in-home movie and game entertainment in outsourcing of IT infrastructure services and online hosting of external website to AT&T (in two separate deals, and with Verizon through down-select on online hosting deal).
- Represented global online advertising and media company in outsourcing to Perot Systems of IT infrastructure services, application development and maintenance, transactional accounting services and media support services, including integration and optimization of the company’s ad management and auction platforms.
- Represented global chemicals manufacturer in outsourcing the establishment of an EU shared services center for finance and accounting, procurement and other business functions to Hewlett-Packard, and with Accenture through down-select.
- Represented major natural gas energy company in outsourcing of customer care/call center, finance and accounting, engineering and construction and supply chain functions to Wipro (with Capgemini, Progeon and Vertex through down-select), and separate transactions with Infosys and Hexaware for application development and maintenance services.
- Represented national media company in application maintenance and enhancement outsourcing transaction with IBM (with Accenture through down-select), involving ERP applications and PeopleSoft upgrade.
- Represented major telecommunications company and global insurance company in the evaluation, and positioning for renegotiation, of contested IT infrastructure transactions valued at $8 billion (with EDS) and $700 million (with IBM), respectively.