The Outsourcing practice group at Culhane Meadows focuses on solving the legal challenges that accompany complex IT and business process transactions, aligning the legal/risk issues with business objectives and creating value. Our attorneys have demonstrated a track record of producing tangible results that exceed client expectations. We provide experienced professionals having deep industry experience with outsourcing transactions, with a focus in the following areas:
- Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO)
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Human Resources Outsourcing (HRO)
- Outsourcing in the Financial Services Industry
LexisNexis selected Culhane Meadows’ Outsourcing Group to author its Lexis Practice Advisor® module on Outsourcing based upon the group’s depth and breadth of experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating outsourcing transactions. These materials are designed to provide a powerful, comprehensive resource for practitioners to attain a better understanding of navigating outsourcing transactions.
Our focus is on creating viable long term relationships that are flexible enough to adapt effectively to accommodate change, and reflect values held commonly by both the client and the service provider. Negotiation is a two-way street, so understanding both sides’ wants and needs is critical to assisting our clients in building relationships that we stand the test of time. Our process establishes successful and balanced relationships by encouraging mutual respect for each party’s unique legal concerns and risk tolerance, and enabling the convergent behaviors that drive collaboration. From the outset, we encourage the adoption of fast, flexible and non-adversarial processes that emphasize solution, value and cultural fit ahead of competition and leverage.
Culhane Meadows provides value by building small teams comprised of senior resources with substantial experience involving similar transactions for each engagement. All of our attorneys are experienced at working with senior management and in-house counsel, building trusted relationships along the way, and are totally committed to results. We are able to bridge the communications gap between technology law and business objectives.
We bring a different set of experience, values and business focus to our work. We focus on business results and how to attain them, aligning them with our in depth understanding of the legal issues associated with IT and BP outsourcing. We customize our approach and methodologies to each client’s needs.
- Counsel to leading travel-related services company in the negotiation of its principal travel reservations outsourcing relationships, and in outsourcing of the development and operation of its consumer facing online travel business
- Counsel to Wall Street investment banking firm in highly-regulated business process outsourcing transactions supporting various aspects of its global trading operations, both inter-affiliate and split among two offshore vendors.
- Represented leading provider of mattresses, pillows and accessories in outsourcing of IT infrastructure hosting services to AT&T.
- Represented Wall Street investment banking firm in the termination of certain portions of its outsourcing arrangement with Unisys, and extension of other portions.
- Represented leading global provider of in-home movie and game entertainment in outsourcing of IT infrastructure services and online hosting of external website to AT&T (in two separate deals, and with Verizon through down-select on online hosting deal).
- Represented global online advertising and media company in outsourcing to Perot Systems of IT infrastructure services, application development and maintenance, transactional accounting services and media support services, including integration and optimization of the company’s ad management and auction platforms.
- Represented global chemicals manufacturer in outsourcing the establishment of an EU shared services center for finance and accounting, procurement and other business functions to Hewlett-Packard, and with Accenture through down-select.
- Represented major natural gas energy company in outsourcing of customer care/call center, finance and accounting, engineering and construction and supply chain functions to Wipro (with Capgemini, Progeon and Vertex through down-select), and separate transactions with Infosys and Hexaware for application development and maintenance services.
- Represented national media company in application maintenance and enhancement outsourcing transaction with IBM (with Accenture through down-select), involving ERP applications and PeopleSoft upgrade.
- Represented major telecommunications company and global insurance company in the evaluation, and positioning for renegotiation, of contested IT infrastructure transactions valued at $8 billion (with EDS) and $700 million (with IBM), respectively.