Our IP attorneys help clients who are advertising or marketing products or services with a number of critical services that enable communication while minimizing risks.
- Review and clearance of advertisements and promotional materials;
- Negotiating and drafting talent and endorsement agreements, copyright licenses, music licenses, brand license agreements, advertising contracts, agency services agreements, media buying agreements, sponsorship agreements and other complex marketing agreements and strategic alliances;
- Ensuring legal compliance for marketing and sales practices including the Telemarketing Sales Act, CAN-SPAM Act, and other FTC regulations;
- Counseling on legal risks associated with social networks and blogs, including drafting and implementation of social media policies;
- Counseling on development and compliance for sweepstakes, games and contests; and
- Counseling on privacy issues.
Our IP attorneys work together with Culhane Meadows attorneys, in other practice groups, to develop and provide guidance on a variety of matters where IP rights intersect with advertising and marketing, including franchise law, technology licensing, privacy & data security, and social media.