Culhane Meadows provides legal advice and counsel with respect to various aspects of non-profit law; best practices and strategies to facilitate greater Board participation and effectiveness in leading the organization; and protections against liability for non-profit leaders. We specialize in non-profit organizational law, including the incorporation of non-profit organizations and religious associations, and the establishment of federal and state tax-exempt status.
We focus on the following formation and governance services for nonprofit entities:
- Membership Acquisition and Termination Procedures
- Basic Corporate Policies & Ethics Compliance (Conflicts of Interest, Investments, Endowment Spending, etc.)
- Drafting Board and Committee Resolutions
- Risk Management (Advice on personnel policies, insurance needs, and other internal procedures)
- Conducting Compliance Reviews
- Tax Counsel and Compliance