Culhane Meadows provides comprehensive and strategic labor relations advice and counsel to both unionized and non-union clients. Our labor law practice is not one dimensional. Rather, we have the skills and experience necessary to successfully address our clients’ unique business needs and requirements.
Although union membership has fallen significantly over the past several decades, the union success rate has recently been on the increase. Unions have abandoned their old ways of doing business, and have become more strategic and aggressive in their approach to organizing and representation activities.
Culhane Meadows provides legal advice to Boards of Directors, executive teams, and all levels of management as they develop their legal and appropriate labor relations strategies. We represent and advise employers in all phases of labor relations under the National Labor Relations Act (“NLRA”). The firm also advises clients on the impact of mergers, acquisitions, and restructurings on both unionized and union-free workplaces. We guide clients in conducting appropriate due diligence in labor and employment matters.
For non-union employers, we:
- Conduct management training regarding their proper their roles and responsibilities in leadership and legal compliance;
- Develop lawful and effective strategies for maintaining positive employee relations with current employees;
- Counsel lawful handling of concerted activities and National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) representation election proceedings;
- Conduct investigations and, if necessary, trials and appeals of unfair labor practice charges.
For employers with union representation, we:
- Advise on collective bargaining strategies and contract administration issues;
- Represent clients in negotiations, grievance and arbitration cases, unfair labor practice charges, strikes, injunctions, and other related litigation; and
- Advise on the lawful handling of NLRB decertification proceedings.
- Collective Bargaining
- Grievance Procedures
- Labor Arbitration
- Labor Management Relations
- National Labor Relations Act
- NLRB Practice
- Strike Defense and Contingency Planning