Culhane Meadows’ Insurance Corporate and Regulatory Practice team combines extensive corporate experience with in-depth regulatory knowledge to represent all entities in the insurance industry fully and effectively.
- Assumption reinsurance transactions
- Certificate of Authority expansion and modification
- Contested administrative proceedings
- Coordination of multistate acquisitions and filings
- Demutualization and formation of mutual holding companies
- Dodd-Frank issues affecting insurers/reinsurers
- Drafting and monitoring legislation affecting the insurance industry
- Formation and licensing of premium finance companies
- Formation and licensing of captive insurance companies and other alternative risk transfer vehicles
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley, HIPAA and other other privacy and data security compliance matters
- Holding Company Act transactions and compliance (Forms A-E filings)
- IPOs and other capital transactions
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructurings
- Multistate market conduct and financial examinations
- Negotiation and drafting of reinsurance treaties and certificates
- Negotiation and drafting of producer and MGA agreements
- Policy form and rate filings
- Product creation, development and approval
- Registration and formation of risk retention groups
- Regulation of insurer investments
- Representation of companies, receivers, reinsurers and other creditors in conservation, rehabilitation and liquidation proceedings
- Representation before state and federal legislative committees
- Service contracts and warranty programs
- Surplus lines filings and compliance
- Taxation advice
Strategic Legal Services
The Insurance Regulatory and Corporate Practice has a national and international focus, combining our unique knowledge of the insurance industry with our broader specialties in corporate and tax law. The result is a highly effective practice focused on the insurance industry that leverages our knowledge and skills to deliver legal services in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Industry Leadership and Relationships
Our insurance lawyers frequently speak on regulatory, privacy, alternative risk, insolvency, taxation and other matters. We regularly attend NAIC quarterly meetings, as well other meetings such as those sponsored by the American Insurance Association, Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals (AICP), Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS), American Council of Life Insurers, National Alliance of Life Companies (NALC), America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), American Association of Managing General Agents (AAMGA), National Association of Professional Insurance Agents and Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA). We are also active participants in the Federation of Regulatory Counsel (FORC).
Through our active representation of clients we have developed strong working relationships with regulators throughout the country. These relationships are one key to our success and ability to deliver timely results and achieve our clients’ goals.