Culhane Meadows offers broad-based and long-term attorney experience in providing legal advice, counselling, transactional and litigation services to businesses with respect to environmental, safety and health (ESH) issues.
Culhane Meadows attorneys have extensive experience with the major federal (and local counterpart) environmental statutes and regulations, including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA addressing Solid and Hazardous Wastes) and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation andLiability Act (CERCLA/Superfund).
Our attorneys have represented Fortune 500 and other companies in the successful and efficient negotiation and closure of numerous federal and state environmental (air and water) permits, enforcement proceedings and investigations involving the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (SHA), the United States Chemical Safety Board, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and other state agencies.
Transactional & Business Representation
In addition, we have assisted businesses and financial institutions with commercial and environmental due diligence reviews:
- Identifying and evaluating risks and opportunities associated with transactional matters (real estate sale and purchase, mergers& acquisitions, equipment financing, and other transactions).
- Negotiation, drafting and finalization of “deal” terms, conditions and schedules.
- Providing legal advice, counsel and assistance with respect to information and data gathering, systems development associated with environmental matters pursuant to Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC (10K and 10Q filings) and other financial and accounting requirements.
International Environmental Law
Culhane Meadows attorneys have also provided advice and counsel regarding matters outside of the United States:
- Compliance with the European Union Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation governing the assessment and use of chemicals in manufacturing and commerce in the EU.
- Environmental, health & safety, and remedialcompliance and regulatory requirements in the EU, Middle East, Asia and Latin America.