Looking for a Better Way to Practice Law? We should talk!
At Culhane Meadows, we’re transforming Big Law into Smart Law by actively assembling a team of highly-experienced lateral partners from some of the most well-known law firms in the world. Our innovative cloud-based business model attracts candidates who are searching for a more flexible environment where they can eliminate their daily commute, keep more of their earnings, and embrace a superior work/life balance to pursue more family time or personal passions — yet still maintain a sophisticated law practice to serve large and respected corporate clients. Check out this short video to hear what some of our partners have to say about their decison to join us!
We’re proud to be a trendsetter and we encourage you to read more about how Culhane Meadows is disrupting the traditional legal market in this sampling of recent media reports:
- Peer-to-Peer magazine: “Turning the Conventional Law Firm Structure on its Head”
- ABA Law Practice magazine: “Virtual is the New Law Firm Reality”
- BestLawyers.com: “The Promised Land: Real Work-Life Balance and a Sophisticated Practice”
- Huff Post: “Making the Case: Founder of Largest National Women-Owned U.S. Law Firm Fights Fair”
- Law.com: Culhane Meadows Among “7 Firms That Moved the Needle on Innovation in 2017”
- The American Lawyer: “Stay at Home Rainmakers – A Growing Threat to Big Law”
- Law360: “Why Virtual Law Firm Growth is Outpacing BigLaw”
- Law.com: “Is the Cloud the Solution to True Work-Life Balance for Lawyers?”
- Working Mother magazine: “2018’s Best Law Firms for Women”
Our objective is to maintain a business model that eliminates the unnecessary overhead associated with traditional law firms—while providing our partners with a better and more collaborative way to practice law.
Culhane Meadows’ innovative business platform does away with extravagant office space, expensive artwork, marble columns and other overhead expenses that offer little or no value to our clients. Each of our attorneys is a partner-level attorney (i.e., at least 8 yrs of practice experience) and we do not employ associate attorneys who need training on the client’s dime.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best of the best lawyers in America, regardless of their gender, race, orientation or personal background. In fact, Culhane Meadows is the largest women-owned national full-service law firm in the U.S. and is certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). We’ve also been named among the Best Law Firms for Women by Working Mother magazine.
Culhane Meadows is an active member of NAMWOLF (the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms). Selection is highly competitive and only preeminent law firms with the highest qualifications are accepted for membership in this respected organization. NAMWOLF assists its Law Firm Members in developing strategic alliances, coalitions, and affiliations with large corporations, in-house counsel, and other legal trade associations. Through these efforts, NAMWOLF helps empower and raise the profile of law firms like Culhane Meadows that have demonstrated a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Culhane Meadows’ culture is easily distinguished from that of traditional law firms and results in more fulfilled lawyers and satisfied clients. Here are just some of the highlights that set us apart:
• The firm has no minimum billable quotas that create inherent and often-ignored conflict between a client’s needs and a law firm’s financial demands.
• Our partners have freedom and flexibility to work from any physical locations that suit the partner and his/her clients’ needs.
• We use a completely transparent and objective compensation formula that eliminates office politics and management bureaucracy and puts more take-home compensation in our partners’ pockets.
Before joining us, our partners have established themselves with track records of professional and financial success at global law firms (i.e., AmLaw 200) or as in-house counsel or executives at leading companies (note: as a partner-only firm, we don’t employ associates, law clerks or legal interns). Accordingly, we view our partners as outstanding professionals who deserve freedom and flexibility in operating their practices in ways that would be infeasible at traditional law firms. For example, Culhane Meadows eliminates office politics and the inherent bureaucracy associated with the discretionary compensation formulas of traditional law firms. Instead, we embrace a predictable, simple, and objective formula to calculate attorney compensation that results in our partners instantly retaining significantly more of their billable revenue.
Our low-overhead approach guarantees that a substantial amount of fees collected are distributed directly to the attorneys who originated and/or worked on the client matter. Culhane Meadows’ transparent compensation system is far more favorable to our partners than the complex, secretive and discretionary formulas used at high-overhead traditional law firms. The result is that our partners typically receive much higher take-home compensation than they would receive for performing identical billable hours in a traditional law firm.
If you are an attorney who shares our core values and has a solid educational background with at least 8-10 years of practice experience—the majority of which should be from a Am Law 200 law firm or a senior role in a large in-house legal department—we welcome the opportunity to discuss your interest in a lateral move to Culhane Meadows. To get started, click on the big red button to the right!