Our co-founder Kelly Rittenberry Culhane was a panelist and joined an amazing and inspiring group of female attorneys (and their male allies) this week for the inaugural Women Owned Law (WOL) Symposium. This Symposium on Women’s Entrepreneurship in the Law was held on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 in Philadelphia at Drexel University. The Symposium brought together a diverse mix of successful women entrepreneurs in the law and their supporters to:
- Explore creative ways to develop, run and grow a business in the legal industry
- Share best practices on running a successful law firm
- Identify and learn how to better pursue opportunities to work with large companies in a competitive marketplace
- Recognize and develop new revenue streams
- Enhance your network of relevant referral and business partners
- Understand the value your business provides and how to ensure you are compensated for it
- Raise the profile of women’s entrepreneurship in the legal ecosystem
The day-long Symposium featured a keynote speaker, panel discussions, networking, and an awards ceremony. The programming includeed insights from a wide range of women legal entrepreneurs, as well as business advisors and representatives from majority-owned law firms and corporations dedicated to promoting gender diversity in the law. Culhane Meadows is a Premier Member of WOL and Kelly Culhane was recently appointed to serve as a member of the organization’s Advisory Board.
L to R: Lisa Bentley, Sheryl Axelrod, Cynthia Funaro Towers (WOL and NAMWOLF sponsor and honoree), Cheryl Brunetti (WOL and NAMWOLF sponsor), Jonathan Lovitz (National LGBT Chamber of Commerce), Anna Aguilar, Barbara Stevens (WOL honoree) and Kelly Rittenberry Culhane.