After you have entered all your time into Bill4Time, you will need to create your monthly Pre-Bill Report before Accounting can run your invoices. This is similar to “closing out your time” in other billing systems. Once you are logged into the timekeeping website (https://culhane.bill4time.com), take the following steps:
- Click on the blue “Reports” tab at the top right. You should now see the Report Dashboard.
- Under “Favorite Reports,” you should see the “Pre-Bill Report,” which has been created for you. Click on the “Generate” button on the right hand side (or click in the words Pre-Bill Report).
- The Report will default to whatever month you are in and show you all time entries for that month. So if you are finalizing your time on the last day of the month, then the report will show all your time for that month. If you are finalizing your time at the beginning of the following month, then you will need to take the additional steps below.
- On the top left under “Date Start,” change the date to the 1st of the month you are billing and change the “Date End” date to the last day of the month you are billing. So if it is July 2nd, make sure you change the dates to show as June 1 and June 30 respectively.
- Click on the “Run Report” button. = You should now see all your time entries for the month you are billing.
- You will need to review your time entries at this point, and if you find any errors or want to change any of the time totals, simply click on the blue date for that specific time entry and a pop-up box will appear that allows you to edit that time entry. Make sure and hit “Save and Close” when you are done.
- Once you complete these for all time entries, your Pre-Bill Report is complete and Accounting can now create your invoices. There is no final step you need to take after this to let Accounting know you are finished.
- You may find it helpful to save this report to a PDF or Excel file to allow you to separately keep track of your monthly time totals. You simply click on the icons in the upper right hand corner of the report to save as a PDF, Excel file or to print.