Mr. Gilhooly joins Culhane Meadows immediately following his role as General Counsel for GE Critical Power, an affiliate of General Electric, and its predecessor, Lineage Power Corporation. As General Counsel, Mr. Gilhooly led the overall legal, corporate governance, and regulatory function for a $500 million manufacturing concern serving the telecom and datacom markets, with operations in the United States, Central and Latin America, China, Europe and India.
Previously, Mr. Gilhooly served as Assistant General Counsel to Concentra, Inc., the nation’s largest occupational healthcare and related services company, providing overall legal support to the company’s largest division, assisting the company in key financing transactions and related SEC matters, and advising the human resources function. Mr. Gilhooly also served as General Counsel of an affiliate of Verizon Wireless, advising the company on matters involving advertising and marketing, leases and contracts, dispute resolution, and human resources, as well as the sale of wireless market areas.
Throughout his career, Mr. Gilhooly has helped companies grow both organically and through acquisitions, provided overall legal support to all aspects of the business, and assisted companies in major transactions, such as financings and sales. At Culhane Meadows, Mr. Gilhooly is able to serve his clients in an outsourced general counsel capacity as well as the traditional outside counsel role.
- Guided the separation of a $500 million business from a conglomerate to a stand-alone company
- Completed the acquisition and integration of two separate publicly traded competitors
- Managed a $387.5 million stock and asset sale of multiple healthcare business units
- Managed a $50 million stock sale of a healthcare company
- Managed outside counsel during patent infringement action through trial, appeal and settlement
- Created the legal department for a private-equity backed company, and provided all operational legal support to the business
- Lowered company’s interest expense through a cash tender offer for $142.5 million in notes and a related $155 million registered offering of new notes
- Coordinated the sale of three wireless market areas, including negotiating collateral agreements for the sale of markets and transition services agreements
Awards & Recognitions
- AV Preeminent® Rating in the Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory
- Recognized among Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine (Corporate Law, 2014 and 2015)
Mr. Gilhooly enjoys adventure travel. He’s gone on safari in Tanzania, hiked the Inca Trail in Peru, and bicycled almost 550 miles from San Francisco to LA in seven days, raising over $10,000 for two charities along the way.