Sally Byrne has been representing clients in technology and licensing matters for over 25 years. She recognizes clients’ needs for experienced transactional lawyers who can provide a more flexible and personal approach than traditional law firms. That’s why she prides herself on helping clients to identify their objectives and achieve them in a cost-effective manner.
Ms. Byrne has represented clients in a wide range of industries, including life sciences, medical devices, information technology, business consulting, financial services, telecommunications, publishing, and higher education. Her services include the preparation and negotiation of a variety of agreements, including:
- Sponsored Research Agreements
- Research Collaboration Agreements
- Material Transfer Agreements
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs)
- Master Services Agreements
- Consulting Agreements
- Confidential Disclosure Agreements
- Software License Agreements
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreements
- Cloud Computing Agreements
- Service Level Agreements
- Website Development Agreements
- Website Hosting Agreements
- Co-Location Agreements
- Manufacturing and Supply Agreements
- Reseller Agreements
- Distribution Agreements
- Patent, Trademark, Copyright, and Trade Secret License Agreements
- Product Development Agreements
- Technology Acquisition Agreements
- E-Commerce Agreements
- Content Distribution Agreements
- Data Transfer Agreements
Prior to joining Culhane Meadows, Ms. Byrne was an attorney at the global law firm WilmerHale where she specialized in technology transactions and licensing. Prior to that she was a partner in a boutique intellectual property firm.
Ms. Byrne received a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics and modern languages from Union College in 1983 and a J.D from Boston University School of Law in 1986. She is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and is registered to practice in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition to her legal work, Ms. Byrne serves on the board of Focus on Tanzanian Communities, Inc., a non-profit that partners with local communities in Tanzania to support projects relating to health, education, and women’s empowerment.