Ms. Chervokas is outside counsel to one of the largest U.S. providers of business and residential video, voice and high speed data services, including cloud and outsourced IT. She has extensive experience handling complex commercial transactions and financings in which she mitigates risk on behalf of major corporations, financial institutions and other clients. Ms. Chervokas often advises parties to complex workouts and restructurings, including those involving derivatives and other structured products. She advises various clients on the impact of insolvency law and Dodd-Frank compliance on commercial transactions including securitizations and safe harbored financial contracts.
Recent engagements include refinancing a regional sports network, representing an institutional lender in a mortgage backed credit facility, advising the sponsor of a CLO and providing general corporate advice to a healthcare software provider. Previously, Ms. Chervokas represented the United States Treasury and the President’s Automotive Task Force in restructuring U.S. auto manufacturers GM and Chrysler. In addition, she represented a major financial institution in restructuring CMBS debt of Centro Properties Group. Her past experience also includes chapter 11 representation of debtors, creditors and other constituents engaged in industries such as automotive, cable television, commercial real estate, equipment leasing, gaming, healthcare, hospitality, investment banking, manufacturing, media & entertainment, pharmaceutical and retail; equipment leasing. Prominent M&A deals include GMAC and LNR.
Selected Presentations & Publications (as Co-Author)
- FiberTower Injunction Raises Fresh Questions About the Interplay Between Telecommunications and Bankruptcy Law, Bloomberg BNA (December 13, 2012)
- Art Lenders Undertake New Precautions in Light of Amendment to NYACAL’s Consignment Provisons, Art & Advocacy (Fall 2012)
- Same Question, Different Outcome: § 2(a)(iii) of the ISDA Master Agreement Under English and US Insolvency Law, JIBFL (March 1, 2011)
- Philly News: Third Circuit Upholds Bidding Procedures Denying Lenders Opportunity to Credit Bid, Law360 (July 8, 2010)
- American Home Court Expands Scope of Repo Safe Harbor, Derivatives Financial Products Report (July 2008)
- Delaware Bankruptcy Court Severs Servicing Rights from Safe Harbored Repo, Journal of Bankruptcy Law (May 2008)
- Business Reorganization Financing: Use of Cash Collateral and Debtor-in-Possession Financing, PLI (February 2006)
When not practicing law, Leslie embraces her love of music, the visual arts and historical fiction. She also enjoys yoga, skiing, golf and a variety of other sports as well as painting in her spare time.