Mr. Crouch has practiced civil and commercial litigation and dispute resolution for the last twenty years. His experience spans many different industries and practice areas, including banking, insurance, intellectual property, probate, real estate, securities, technology, trust/estates.
Comfortable on either side of the docket, and having honed his skills in many forums— litigation, arbitration and appellate proceedings— Mr. Crouch has both a depth and breadth of experience that enables him to help clients, large or small, to achieve the results they desire.
Mr. Crouch is a qualified mediator and is certified to serve as an attorney/guardian ad litem. Mr. Crouch takes pride in tailoring his approach to each client’s objectives, even if that means aggressively seeking non-litigation resolution options.
- Handled numerous subrogation matters for a mortgage insurance company involving numerous loans purchased from FDIC and FSLIC insured lenders
- Represented title insurance companies and their insureds in a wide range of title-related issues
- Representing beneficiaries of a multimillion dollar trust in claims against the trustee for breach of fiduciary duty
- Defended former employee of a national banking chain against fraud and negligence claims in excess of $50 million
- Obtained summary judgment against plaintiff claiming a breach of a letter of intent to purchase a multimillion portfolio of loan receivables
- Obtained and enforced favorable settlement for bank against claims arising from a multimillion dollar loan portfolio purchase
- Prosecuted and defended multiple clients in connection with enforcement of non-compete agreements with their former employers/employees
- Obtained multiple emergency sequestration orders to preserve clients’ property pending further legal proceedings
- Obtained and defended against Temporary Restraining Orders and Temporary Injunctions in commercial contract disputes
- Obtained favorable outcomes in multiple landlord-tenant disputes, including residential and commercial properties
- Defended multiple securities brokers and brokerage firms against claims by former customers
- Obtained a favorable settlement of patent licensing claims in the Southern District of New York on behalf of an internationally-known tanning products company
- Assisted in obtaining a favorable settlement in legal malpractice claim between a national retailer and a Wall Street law firm
- Obtained favorable settlements of several cases for business owners in a cases alleging multiple breaches of fiduciary duty and minority shareholder oppression
- Innovative Wireless Solutions Telecom, Inc. v. Moriah Tech., Inc., No. 05-09-00658-CV, 2009 WL 2857522 (Tex. App.—Dallas September 08, 2009, no pet.)
- UBS Fin. Servs., Inc. v. Branton, 241 S.W.3d 179 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2007, no pet.)
- In re Merrill Lynch Trust Co. FSB, 235 S.W.3d 185 (Tex. 2007)
- Kenwood Comm. Corp. v. PR-900, L.L.C., No. 04-02-00269-CV, 2002 WL 32059157 (Tex. App.—San Antonio 2002, no pet.)
- Zimmerman v. Chicago Title Ins. Co., 28 S.W.3d 584 (Tex. App.—Austin 1999, no pet.)
- Southwest Intelecom, Inc. v. Hotel Networks Corp., 997 S.W.2d 322 (Tex. App—Austin 1999, pet. denied)
- Lambert v. First Nat. Bank of Bowie, 993 S.W.2d 833 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 1999, pet. denied)
- Hanafy v. United States, 991 F. Supp. 794 (N.D. Tex. 1998)
Selected Presentations & Publications
- Co-Author, Warranties, Limitation of Remedies and Battle of the Forms, Paper Presented at the Business Disputes Through Channels of Distribution Seminar, San Antonio, Texas (Sept. 1995).
- Speaker, University of Houston Law Foundation Continuing Legal Education Advanced Evidence and Discovery and Civil Discovery Seminars
Mr. Crouch is a life-long closet musician, being a marginally-proficient acoustic guitarist and electric bassist. Mr. Crouch is also the proud father of twins and their younger sister.