Jim Meadows brings nearly 30 years of experience focused almost exclusively on technology transactions and related legal matters. He counsels clients on technology matters outside of their traditional core competencies, ranging from structuring (or terminating) long-term or strategic information technology or business process outsourcing relationships to creating Internet and e-Business offerings to negotiating and documenting a wide variety of strategic and complex transactions. His clients are among the largest companies in the world, spanning a wide range of industries, including financial services and insurance, energy, transportation and logistics, travel, telecommunications, technology and related services, manufacturing and media services. He is the lead contributing author to LexisNexis’ Lexis Practice Advisor® Outsourcing module, which provides a variety of materials including articles, checklists and sample annotated agreements to serve as a comprehensive resource for understanding outsourcing transactions.
Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked as one of America’s leading IT Outsourcing lawyers by both Chambers Global (since 2007) and Chambers USA (since 2006), published by Chambers & Partners
- Ranked as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” for Information Technology Law (since 2006), as published in Best Lawyers in America by Woodward/White, Inc.
- AV Preeminent® Rating in the Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory
- Inaugural Best Lawyers’ Atlanta Information Technology Lawyer of the Year (2011) as published in Best Lawyers by Woodward/White, Inc.
- Past Chair of the Technology Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Past Appointee and Secretary to the Information Technology Law Committee of the New York City Bar
- Lead counsel in launch of technology operations (including wide range to technology and outsourcing transactions) for global business travel spin-off, resulting in one of the world’s largest travel agency networks with over 2,200 travel service locations in over 140 countries and territories worldwide.
- Counsel to leading travel-related services company in the negotiation of its principal travel reservations outsourcing relationships, and in outsourcing of the development and operation of its consumer facing online travel business
- Counsel to Wall Street investment banking firm in highly-regulated business process outsourcing transactions supporting various aspects of its global trading operations, both inter-affiliate and split among two offshore vendors.
- Counsel to leading U.S. utility company in the procurement of a large-scale advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) system, with a total deal value well in excess of $300 million
- Counsel to leading global provider of in-home movie and game entertainment in outsourcing of IT infrastructure services and online hosting of external website.
- Counsel to Wall Street investment banking firm in the procurement of mission critical telecommunications infrastructure to support its worldwide trading operations.
- Counsel to major transportation company in the procurement of portable data terminal equipment for use by all drivers and other delivery personnel, and in the re-design of its entire website (external).
While not practicing law, Mr. Meadows is an avid runner and triathlete, having completed 16 marathons, including the Boston Marathon. In his younger days, he played pick-up basketball with a number of former college and NBA stars, including former College Players of the Year, Michael Jordan, James Worthy and Johnny Dawkins. He has a wife of more than 20 years and two children who are smarter than he is, but then don’t we all!