Elissa Isaacs has represented clients in complex business litigation and arbitration for over 20 years. She regularly appears in federal and state courts throughout the United States, as well as before arbitration panels in both the United States (NYSE, NASD and FINRA) and in London.
Ms. Isaacs handles a wide variety of commercial disputes, including contract, fraud, business tort, securities, employment, trade secret and Lanham Act claims. She has particular experience in the area of insurance litigation and arbitration, including insurance coverage disputes and bad faith claims. Ms. Isaacs also has experience representing financial services firms and individuals in securities litigation and arbitration and in connection with employment disputes involving claims of violation of restrictive covenants and theft of trade secrets.
The following is a list of some of the cases in which Ms. Isaacs has participated during her career:
- Slaven et al. v. Great American Insurance Company, U.S. Dist. Ct. N.D. Ill. (represent policyholders in insurance coverage and bad faith dispute concerning benefits under Employment Practices Liability policy)
- The Society of Lloyd’s v. XL Re Ltd. and Others, Private Arbitration, London (excess of loss financial indemnity contract dispute)
- National Union Fire Ins. Co. et al. v. XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd, U.S. Dist. Ct. N.D. Cal. (“other insurance” contribution and equitable subrogation dispute)
- Redacted v. Redacted, Private Arbitration, London (reinsurance dispute over product liability loss)
- Redacted v. Redacted, Private Arbitration, London (reinsurance dispute over cancellation of catastrophe excess of loss reinsurance treaty)
Securities and Other Cases
- Kemper High Yield Series, et al. v. Gleacher NatWest et al., Cook County, Illinois State Court (represent purchasers in securities fraud dispute arising out of sales of high yield bonds to finance steel mill located in Thailand)
- Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc. v. Wedbush Morgan Securities, Inc., NYSE Arbitration and U.S. Dist. Ct. S.D.N.Y. (represent broker-dealer in prosecuting and trying securities fraud dispute concerning alleged market manipulation “pump-and-dump” scheme involving stock loans)
- Think Equity Inc. v. Robert W. Baird, et al., NASD Arbitration (represent broker-dealer defendant in dispute over alleged breach of fiduciary duty, trade secret misappropriation and electronic data destruction)
- Crabar/GBF, Inc. v. Wright Printing Co. et al, U.S. Dist. Ct. D. Neb. (represent printing manufacturer in prosecuting breach of contract, fraud, unfair competition and Lanham Act claims in connection with sale of a custom-printed folder business)
- Farrell et al. v. BGC Financial, FINRA Arbitration (represent three brokers through trial in prosecuting and defending tortious interference, fraud, breach of contract and restrictive covenant claims in dispute arising out of alleged raid of brokerage firm employees)
Selected Presentations & Publications
“Unique Coverage Issues Arising Under the Bermuda Form,” Emerging Insurance Coverage & Allocation Issues Conference (May 18, 2016)