Caroline focuses her practice on business litigation, representing companies in a variety of complex commercial disputes. A former partner and claims manager with a global reinsurer, Caroline knows the importance of aligning litigation goals with short and long-term business objectives. She takes a practical, comprehensive and efficient approach to solving clients’ legal problems, investing time to understand their business.
In addition to litigation, Caroline counsels companies on navigating data privacy and breach notification laws. Caroline also helps clients with data security incident plans, privacy policies and achieving cybersecurity best practices to minimize losses. She is a frequent speaker and writer on a wide variety of emerging data privacy and cybersecurity legal developments.
- Defended foreign and domestic entities in a $30 plus million dollar product defect lawsuit brought by a manufacturer.
- Created comprehensive solutions and strategies to address legal risks associated with data collection practices.
- Defended one of the largest mobile telecommunication companies in the United States in several disputes including successful resolution pre-litigation.
- Defended a large merchant cash advance company in a multimillion-dollar lawsuit brought by a leading behavioral health treatment and recovery system.
- Developed and drafted a Security Incident Response Plan for a major accredited management company.
- Panel counsel responding to data security incidents for a large software company.
- Represented a large power organization in a multimillion-dollar dispute concerning a design build/construction management agreement for a major energy upgrade project.
Honors & Awards
- Named a New York “Super Lawyer Rising Star” by New York Super Lawyers Magazine
- Named a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in the New York Women’s Edition
Before Culhane Meadows, Caroline was an associate at Fox Rothschild LLP and a litigator at a large international law firm and a boutique firm, both based in New York City, where she focused her practice on litigation, (re)insurance and white collar crime. In addition to private practice, Caroline was a partner and senior claims manager at a large global reinsurance company in Paris, where she was responsible for investigating, analyzing, managing, negotiating and resolving multimillion-dollar reinsurance claims for large complex losses worldwide as well as launch and in-orbit space claims.
Caroline is committed to forging paths for women in the legal industry and beyond. As a mentor in the Brown University Women’s Launch Pad program, Caroline guides junior and senior students in goal setting, career preparation and whatever life throws their way.