Anna Brook is an intellectual property attorney focusing on patent litigation and counseling. As a litigator, Anna represents clients in patent disputes spanning a broad range of technologies with an emphasis on biopharma and chemical arts. As a counselor, Anna provides advice on a wide variety of IP issues, including IP aspects of corporate transactions, IP portfolio strategy, and patent-related opinions.
Anna represented clients in bet-the-company cases with successful outcomes. She works closely with clients to develop a winning case strategy, foresee and address potential issues, and resolve disputes in a manner that is best for the client.
Anna has deep experience with all phases of litigation, including discovery, witness interviews and investigations, depositions, managing expert consultants, bench and jury trials, motions in federal and state courts, claim construction briefing and hearings, pre-trial and post-trial submissions, and appeals.
Anna represented brand-name pharmaceutical companies in Hatch-Waxman litigation relating to two blockbuster drugs that were challenged by multiple generic manufacturers. She also represented clients in patent litigation filed by non-practicing entities. Anna litigated cases in district courts in Delaware, Texas, New Jersey, and New York, among others. She is also skilled in mediation, arbitration, and settlement negotiations.
Anna’s litigation experience gives her an edge when counseling clients regarding potential IP disputes and strategies for monetizing and protecting patent portfolios. Anna provides counsel relating to a broad range of IP issues, including patent infringement and validity, early case assessments, the acquisition, protection, and enforcement of IP rights, as well as IP portfolio management. Anna helps clients with strategic IP agreements, due diligence in corporate transactions, competitive intelligence, and regulatory concerns.
- Represented two of the largest pharmaceutical companies in multiple Hatch-Waxman patent cases involving two blockbuster drugs.
- Represented a mid-size pharmaceutical company in patent cases involving the company’s entire product portfolio.
- Represented a fiber optic component manufacturer in several patent litigations against non-practicing entities.
- Represented a consumer goods manufacturer in patent litigation involving single dose laundry detergent and licensing negotiations relating to other cleaning products patents.
- Conducted IP due diligence on behalf of financial institutions in numerous transactions.
- Provided counsel in Kodak bankruptcy proceeding relating to patent portfolio auction.
Anna is a proud mom of four great kids. She enjoys spending time in her back yard, usually smoking and grilling meat or tending to a koi pond. Anna is active in the Cooper Union Alumni Association and earned the 2021 Young Alumna of the Year Award.