Aasheesh Shravah is a partner in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice. He has more than 20 years of experience in helping clients with patent and trademark litigation, domestic and international patent and trademark protection, product clearance and licensing.
Understanding that IP is critical to business success, he reviews and analyzes products to determine potential patent protection, as well as reviewing patents and providing guidance on the development of non-infringing alternatives for commercially successful products. He has extensive litigation experience in patent and trademark cases in federal district courts throughout the United States, including cases before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Aasheesh has a mechanical engineering background and experience with products in diverse technologies, including medical devices, mechanical and electro-mechanical devices, power tools, hand tools, hardware, consumer products, exercise devices, alternative energy systems, e-commerce and business methods.
He has developed a particular niche in representing wholesalers and direct response marketing companies in the “As Seen on TV” industry. He works side by side with companies and factories that develop and manufacture products in China and counsels them early on to help them avoid patent and trademark infringement. He advises domestic clients on how to protect their IP when working with factories abroad and assists them in registering their marks with customs to prevent counterfeiters from exporting their goods.
Aasheesh also has extensive experience assisting clients with IP infringement issues on Amazon and other large online retailers, including both reporting IP infringement as well as assisting sellers in having their products relisted due to incorrect reports of infringement. He has knowledge of Amazon’s IP procedures and has successfully represented sellers in Amazon’s Neutral Patent Evaluation Program.
- Obtained summary judgment of non-infringement in a patent infringement lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (Greenland v. Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.), which was affirmed by the Federal Circuit.
- Awarded summary judgment of non-infringement of a patent in a multi-patent infringement lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (HSU v. Thorsen Tool Co.).
- Successfully overcome a preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order in a trademark infringement lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (Three Headed Productions Inc. et. al. v. Steer Vend Inc. et. al.).
- Successfully had a case related to false advertising for “As Seen on TV” products transferred to the Northern District of Illinois from the Southern District of New York (Inventel Prod. LLC v. Penn LLC).
- Achieved the transfer of a patent infringement lawsuit for improper venue from the District of New Jersey to the Northern District of Illinois, and a stay of the case pending reexaminations of the patents.
- Successfully defended a wholesaler from providing indemnification to a retailer of a product, where the retailer was accused of trademark infringement by the mark’s owner in the Northern District of Illinois.
Aasheesh is a frequent speaker at national trade shows discussing various topics in intellectual property. When not practicing law, Aasheesh enjoys cheering for the San Francisco 49ers, attending charitable events and fundraisers related to sports, coaching his daughter’s basketball team, and vacationing anywhere that has a beach.