LOS ANGELES—Ajay Mago, a partner in our Dallas and Chicago offices, was a featured presenter at Argyle Executive Forum’s 2016 Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Leadership Conference on May 11, 2016 at the Los Angeles Omni Hotel.
The title of Mago’s panel presentation was Send Lawyers Guns and Money – the [Stuff] has Hit the Fan and included five key tips for CISOs:
- Brush up on legal matters
- Know your departments, functions and internal controls
- Ask for help early (and often)
- Understand legal concerns
- Know your blind spots
“We focused the discussion on the evolving Cybersecurity legal landscape, the evolving role of CISOs and the evolving relationship between CISOs and legal,” explains Mr. Mago. “As the cyber landscape changes, corporate liability for protecting types of data has grown. CISOs need to know the importance to involve legal – in house or retained – early and often when it comes to establishing a mature cyber practice, in the incident response process, and when it comes to reducing corporate liability around data loss.”
In addition to Mr. Mago’s presentation, the CISO Conference brought together senior Security, IT, and Risk professionals for a full day summit to discuss issues that security professionals face, with an agenda geared for CISOs, Security VPs, and Directors in a leadership role. Other topics of discussion were:
- The growth of mobility and how it affects security
- Aligning risk management to business priorities
- Creating a successful incident response plan
- Gaining loyalty and winning customers back after a breach
- Protecting enterprise data with the new perimeter
Learn more at Argyle Executive Forum’s website HERE.